Saturday, October 1, 2011

All you need is LOVE.

Hello, hello. I am quite aware that it has been way too long
since my last blog post.
& the more I procrastinate, the more events I need to post about!
So, lets go back in time a little.
to the wedded bliss of my dearest friends [& roomies!] R&S :)
[hold on to your socks, its going to be a lengthy post!]

I can say with complete certainty that it was the most 
beautiful, genuine, absolutely fantastic wedding I have EVER been to.
Not that I would expect anything less from 2 people who are so in love with life 
& so in love with each other
[in a way that the rest of us could only ever hope for].

Lets start with a little history:
R & I became quick friends in college over a love of Napolean Dynamite.
"Friends" rapidly turned into best friends, sorority sisters,
roommates & travel-buddies.
She stayed by my side when many others did not....
which is something I will never forget.

R&S are both amazing people
which makes for the amazing couple that they are.
Spending 10 years together, all throughout the turmoil of highschool, 
college, cross-country moves
& the drama of our college's small greek system,
they finally made it to the alter this last August.
& I couldn't be happier for them.
May their future be as blessed & beautiful as their wedding was:

So, here is my interpretation through pictures of their 
Rustic Vintage Inspired Farm Wedding:

Lets start with the [to die for!] venue & decor:

The whole event was held at the groom's parents farm 
(AKA Mac's Farm- THE most amazing wedding venue EVER]:

The beautifully lit reception in the woods could not have been more etherial:






Tablescapes and decor were attended to for 2 days prior by family friends:











small personal touches were added to everything, like the chalk creations by Brittany
& the key/lock R's parents have owned for years:



i helped create the clever-cute table cards ;)


Antique vases & doilies were scavenged months in advance, & the runners were homemade:


The stunning flowers came from a local flower farm :)


The menu consisted of delicious BBQ and a wide array of fancy desserts:







Oregon honey was jarred for gifts:



Moving onto the blushing bride...
i was privileged enough to do her hair and makeup on the big day...











Her dress was a flowy-chiffon halter which oh-so 
perfectly matched the ambiance of the day:














& the shoes! The shoes speak for themselves...



& then there was beautiful couple....






















[Check out the amazing dance floor they built...with a tree in the middle!]

& I must say that the wedding party was truly a good time!
Bridesmaids wore vintage-inspired floral mismatched dresses 
& groomsmen wore mismatched grey vests.


the boys.


the boys & the bride...

the girls.



my outfit.
[my dress was Free People, shoes Steve Madden, 
& i made the flower fascinator out of a faux flower, lace, and old ring and feathers]

me & my lovely walking-partner:

Me & the Bride

me & the groom:

& then the party started...
[SO much fun!] 
Bug made an appearance!


OH how we danced...




& did i forget to mention the BEST wedding crasher EVER?!

& lastly, a very special Thank You to Anna and Brit 
for the perfectly lovely photos :)

LOVE IS ENOUGH.
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to plan a wedding in the woods... but I fear the Michigan mosquitos will ruin the whole thing. Your friends wedding looks beautiful! The lighting is just what I want and I love the honey jars as gifts for the guests.

    ReplyDelete