Monday, October 24, 2011

DIY Dresser resoration

I found an antique dresser that I literally began dreaming about.
I thought about it for months, 
& when my birthday rolled around,
Ta Da!
The dresser of my dreams!

Then there was the dilemma:
Paint it? Leave it? Lacquer it?

I finally decided to paint it.
At first I thought I would do a shabby-chic type thing
& paint it distressed white.

So after the [lengthy & torturous] process of paint-stripping & sanding,
my very talented uncle agreed to help me paint:

But then, I decided that I wanted my dresser to look like this instead:

The hard part being the precision.
I tried painting the white on the drawers over & over,
....& failed, over & over...
Until my lovely sister gave me painters tape!!
[Duh!]
Let me tell you, it saved my life!

& I ended up with this beauty:
[this was me showing it off at my going-away party, hehe]

Here are a couple more views:

look at the perfection of those drawers!


I even got all fancy with the top!
painter tape is awesome....


DIY Dresser Restoration
Total cost: $40
Dresser: Gifted [Thanks J&J!]
Paint stripper: $9 [local hardware store]
Primer: $9 [local hardware store]
Electric sander: Borrowed
Brushes & paint: $20 [Lowes]
plus some frustration and hard work,
& I have the most amazing dresser EVER!

xox

2 comments:

  1. You're an inspiration of stuff-doing.
    Also, great job on the dresser.

    ReplyDelete