Thursday, January 26, 2012

Happenings...

 Last weekend my roomies had some college friends
come into town for a snowboarding trip.
This included most of Shawn's groomsmen:

...Splitty...
aka Rocksmasher:

& I almost forgot Clement!!
[not pictured] the new, French addition to the group. 
His accent & basically his overall Frenchness was very entertaining.

I had an awesome time hanging out with all of them, 
but could only partake in snowboarding on Saturday.
Friday it was raining on the mountain (thanks, Portland!)...

& then there.was.Saturday.
Lets talk about the worst snowboarding day of my life!
I was a very poor representation of myself.
After losing speed & being forced to crawl up a few hills, my shaky legs contributed to 
a crash that was one of my worst in YEARS.
Caught one edge, recovered, quickly caught the other, 
& ended up flat on my back, seeing stars.

The after-effects of this led me to revert to my
snowboarding-self of 10 years ago.
That in addition to the 50+ mile per hour winds made me
a sad, sad snowboarder.
I apologize for all my friends who had to suffer through that nonsense!
& thank you for hanging out with me anyway :)
My whiplash is finally gone, so perhaps next weekend I shall redeem myself?
We shallsee.


On a lighter note, I have my song of the week!
Grimes, Vanessa.
Why? Because I just bought tickets to her show in February :)
Grimes has an eerie-etherial sound that has 
largely been refined on her new album, Darkbloom.
To me, her older work was more reminiscent of 
Cocorosie, with a sinister-yet-playful tone
but I am liking the new music more.
Its a new direction & its a good one.
Enjoy!



Oh! I also got tickets to Neon Indian & M83.
Easing my Coachella-Blues, a few bands at a time.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment