Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Voorgoed In Onze Harten


Happy Birthday, Matthew.
I miss you every day.
I have missed you every day since the last day I saw you.

Today you would have been 28.
Maybe everything would have been different for us now.
Maybe things would still be the same.
Perhaps I would still be a holding pattern,
waiting for my life with you to begin again.
But we will never know.

Maybe this year,
the shadow of the past will let go of my future.

I hope you are at peace
& that you can give some to all of us who are missing you.

----------------------------------

"When I said I love you,
it also meant I love you more than anyone loves you,
or has loved you, or will love you,
& also,
I love you in a way that no one loves you,
or has loved you, or will love you,
& also,
I love you in a way that I love no one else,
& never have loved anyone else,
& never will love anyone else."

No comments:

Post a Comment