Sunday, April 10, 2011

Ideas for my future Portland Apartment


So, with my complete lack of a social life the last few months, i have been obsessing over my future life in Portland.
If I was pregnant, they would call this nesting....
But really, what could be more important than entering into a PhD program with the proper [designer] attire, [fancy loft] apartment, [expensive] home decor & [mini cooper] automobile?

Following my brilliant logic, this post is about 1 of these 3 major concerns....
How to decorate my [future] new-all-to-myself apartment!

i have been scouring the interior design blogs, and dropping major hints about what i want from the family Dutch Antique Store.

Here are some of the amazing DIY ideas I have come up with for my new Portland apartment!

1. I'm going to make a T-shirt rug:

(i may use sheets instead)

2. Check out these Stenciled curtains:
  (i think i want to do this zig zag pattern in an ombre fade)

(blue fade to white or grey-blk??)


3: Framed Costa Rica and California maps, to hang kinda like this:


4.  And I got the idea to make Table napkin throw pillows:
(I'm already on this one! i picked out these napkins at world market!)




5. I also need to figure out what to do with my super amazingly awesome elk antlers! AND strip/primer/repaint my amazing antique dresser (pictures and ideas to come)!

6. Then there are the items that I will be acquiring from the antique store and/or finding elsewhere:
- Antique copper safe (to use as a side table)
- Chandelier
- Vintage suitcases
- Dainty coffee table (paint black?)
- Louis XIV chair
- Vintage(?)Trunk
- Vintage dishware
- End of the bed bench
- Vintage display dome (what to put inside?)
- Beaker vases

I'll post pictures of my ideas and inspiration as they come, 
but this pretty much sums up my thoughts for now :)

Let me know what you think!
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment