Thursday, April 28, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things....

I am so sad to be leaving my amazing home, so
in tribute to the lovely place I have lived most of my life [Southern California] 
I have decided that each week I will share one of my very favorite things about this place :) 

These posts may include beautiful views, fun activities, places to eat & drink, nightlife...who knows! Whatever comes to mind, really.

This week I will start with a place I hold dear to my heart:
_________Carlsbad State Beach (Tamarack)_________

This beautiful setting was the backdrop for so many of my dearest memories:
Therapeutic evening runs along the boardwalk, 
countless days laying in the sand below Cherry St., 
Sunday Fundays at Dini's, my besties old apartment on Acacia, 
Fourth of July celebrations, riding beach cruisers with friends, 
redtide in the summer, enjoying the sunset on the drive home from the lab....
& so many more.
All memories which bring a smile to my face :)

I thought I was ready to leave Carlsbad when I moved to LA, 
but oh, how I miss it so....

If you ever get a chance to visit, I highly recommend a stroll down the boardwalk, a drive down Carlsbad Blvd, or a day at the beach.

1 comment:

  1. You will miss Canadians, and indulging your inner goon at ultimate frisbee.

    ReplyDelete