Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Paso Robles

Last weekend I was lucky enough to visit some of my favorite family [B&L] in 
Paso Robles.
Wow...What a beautiful place!
J&J [my sis & brother in law] tagged along with me,
& we all had such a wonderful time.
Our little road trip began with a stop in San Luis Obispo to have lunch with a cousin & his [brand new!] fiance.  We ate at a place called Broad Street Tavern, let me tell you- best fried pickles ever!
They also had pitchers of mimosa! Which we unfortunately did not order [why?!]

After lunch, we were back on the road, making it up to Paso mid-afternoon
 where we were greeted by 2 deer!
Deer, quail, wild pigs, [and who knows what else!] come right into the back yard!

We had such a relaxing evening catching up & enjoying each others company.
There was laughter & tears. So many memories...
Thanks to B&L, we had the most amazingly delicious dinner 
[Thai crunch salad, flame-grilled ribeye, artichokes- my fav! and chili-pepper jumbo shrimp!]

After we were stuffed to the brim, we took a little driving tour around 
Lake Nacimiento.
We saw SO many deer! & wild pigs too!
The rest of the trip consisted of more gabbing, good food & plenty of laughs...
It was a wonderful couple days.
Thanks again, B&L...I can't wait to come back & go out on the lake!

On our drive home [which felt like the longest drive EVER!!]
we stopped in Morro Bay to eat an early dinner
& pick up some Salt Water Taffy :)
What a crazy huge rock formation, huh?

This was the nicest weekend I have had in a long, long time...
I am going to be sad to leave this beautiful state,
as well as my family & friends...

But we all must move forward into the future, I suppose...

"Every moment before this one depends on this one." 
xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment