Monday, June 20, 2011

I am a professional cake-decorator!

What a busy weekend! 
On top of new tattoos, I helped host a dear friend's baby shower.
I was in charge of dessert, so I decided to bake my 3rd ever fondant cake!
I think it turned out quite wonderfully, if I do say so myself!

It was a lemon/strawberry cake with cream cheese-raspberry frosting,
& a bright pink, aqua, green & purple paisley design:
 [I really liked the bright colors, & was pleased with how the paisley pattern turned out]
 I got the fondant and dye from Michaels & the cake & frosting from Ralphs. 
I cut all the shapes with a small knife and adhered them by painting vanilla on the back.
The writing was done with melted-chocolate from Michaels.

Our Co-ed shower was full of laughter, good food & even better company :)
[& thankfully no silly shower-games]







Congrats to my friends M&A on your new addition :)
What a nice end to a crazy weekend!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment