Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Santa Monica 10k

Last Sunday I ran farther than I ever have in my entire life!
10 kilometers! [for those metrically challenged, that's 6.2 miles]
I consider that a major accomplishment!
The weeks of training all led to one beautiful run along the LA coastline:
This was my first competitive long distance race,
& I could have never pulled it off without my 
coworker Anna and brother in law Jesse-
We trained together, & they basically had to drag me
to the finish line the day of ;)
We made it in 1 hr 1 min!  Way better than I thought we would do!
It was a very rewarding experience, 
& I've decided that I will do another race for sure.
Hopefully before I move, because running in the rain can't be fun!
[Not yet sold on that triathlon Jesse...maybe after this muscle-soreness fades!]

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment