Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Busy Bee

I have been quite the busy bee this last week!  In an effort to absorb everything I can while still in CA, I jam-packed the previous week with all sorts of fun stuff! [so much so that i didn't have time for any blog posts! wth?!]

Let's take this day by day...
Monday- My BFF came up to visit and we checked out a couple little dive bars up here in the Valley, nothing super exciting to report, but wonderful catching up with her nonetheless!
Tuesday- I went with a friend to Hip Hop bingo at the Parlor, Hollywood. Hosted by my two very hilarious friends: Derek "DBone" Reckley and Brian "BS" Smith.  
What is Hip Hop bingo, you ask? Well, it's pretty simple, DBone and BS dress very gansta and play only the hardest hip hop ever heard, all while hosting a spectacular game of bingo...(if you are one away from a bingo, you have to yell out "hiphop!")...& that pretty much sums it up.  Good times to be had for all Tuesdays at the Parlor.  Unfortunately none of us even won a game though!

Wednesday- Went to the movies to see Bridesmaids with two of my lovely Co-workers... & Yes we had a disgusting dinner of popcorn & candy... & yes the movie was very funny :)

Friday- Went to visit Anna at her new place in Newport Beach! We ate the yummiest fish taco's at Bear Flag Fish Company [not usually a fan of fish tacos, but wow, super good!] & then went out to the Peninsula for the night. We made it to a couple different bars, & ended up getting kicked out of Anna's jacuzzi because we went in afterhours...oopsie! 

This was followed by a wonderful brunch on Saturday morning in the Camp (coolest green/alternate/counterculture shopping center EVER!)...Even the parking spots were cool-

Specifically, we ate at the Old Vine Cafe:





I highly recommend the "Open Faced" [biscuits with chipotle-gravy, scrambled eggs & sausage]. YUM. Not to mention that the coffee was superb! Shipped in from Italy...I want to find out how to order it!
  I also bought myself a little housewarming gift for my future home in Portland, which looks like this: 
well, it doesn't look quite like that yet, its just the glass ball in which I am going to grow my hanging-succulent-garden, but pretty nifty anyhow.
Sunday- Memorial day BBQ at the Mossa's. I treasure going home and seeing the faces of so many loved ones :)

Monday (Labor Day)- Another [extended family] BBQ!  

If you happened to notice, Thursday night  was the only time I
 spent at home all week! Phew, I am tired.
 I am also officially on a DIET! 
I think this week will return to normal, & I will revert to my
grandma self and stay in...
At least until Anna's housewarming party on Saturday ;)

1 comment:

  1. Just commenting to make you feel important and followed and give you some blogger cred. Thanks again for all the help on the BBQ - it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete